bata668:

Finally getting around to editing photo’s from FanExpo2013 aw yiss
Fem!Kirk - Korps
Fem!Spock - Me

bata668:

Finally getting around to editing photo’s from FanExpo2013 aw yiss

Fem!Kirk - Korps

Fem!Spock - Me

i still like this pic brie took of my feeties (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

i still like this pic brie took of my feeties (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Sailor Uranus - Sailor Moon

Part two of the brooch. Before painting it, I dipped the styrofoam heart in a pot of freshly boiled water. This made the styrofoam a bit more malleable and allowed me to smooth out the bubbles and circular shapes that the styrofoam left behind after carving.

I then used Liquitex Heavy acrylic paint (Cerulean Blue, Mars Black) and covered the heart in two layers of paint. When the second layer was still tacky and sprinkled glitter onto the heart.

Because glitter makes everything better ok.

Sailor Uranus Sailor Moon

The brooch. I thought about how to go about this a lot. I didn’t want it to be too heavy and weigh down the bow, but I also didn’t want to shell out a bunch of cash. Most brooches I found were made of resin and were rather expensive, so I decided to go the cheaper route.

I ended up buying a pack of styrofoam balls from the dollar store and carved one of them into a heart shape. It was messy and there’s still shavings of styrofoam on my dining room table, but it achieved the look I was going for.

bata668:

Not my fav shot from the shoot but still pretty good. More to come :3
Fem!lock - Myself
Fem!John - Angie

bata668:

Not my fav shot from the shoot but still pretty good. More to come :3

Fem!lock - Myself

Fem!John - Angie

Sailor Uranus - Sailor Moon

The first two photos are LIES. Like with the boots, I tried Dylon fabric dye and it didn’t take. Not sure if the dye I got was old or the fabric just didn’t play nice or what (because I’ve never had problems with Dylon in the past) but it didn’t work on the bow.

This way you can see the gross-not-golden-yellow bow that was. The 3rd photo shows half the bow dyed with the yellow India Ink shown in the boots post. That photo shows the ink as still wet, so I’ll post photos of how it turned out once it’s dried completely.

Sailor Uranus - Sailor Moon

Bootsbootsboooooots~ Boots purchased from eBay are a grey colour, so I needed to make them blue!

Originally I tried Dylon Arabian Nights blue fabric dye, but it didn’t take. So I moved on to something that I knew worked when dying fabric: India Ink! Bottom right photo is the original test I did. I’ll post full-finish-dyed photos once they’re done and dry.

(Yellow ink is to dye the chest bow)

Sailor Uranus - Sailor Moon

Tiara WIP constructed out of brass.

Measurements and a rough guide were drawn out first, allowing for extra dimensions to create a section to fold over. Rough brass is very sharp when not cut properly, so I opted to create an overlaying/foldover edged tiara rather than attempting to sand/file it down.

I still need to smooth it out, affix the gemstone, and figure out if I am going to use an elastic band or spirit gum to wear it…

(Yes I was watching Supernatural while working on it lol)

Con Season is back!!

I guess I should revive this blog now that con season is back!! I’ve been working on things slowly because of work and life, so hopefully I can keep this blog going and keep track of how my cosplay work is coming along.

For Anime North, Brie and I are cosplaying as Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus. I’ll post some WIP photos in a bit… Because I really need to do a lot of work still ahaha  ヘ(。□°)ヘ

Work is having a Halloween costume contest tomorrow.

I still don’t know what to wear.